aidas | Aug. 28, 2023
Software engineering is a marathon, not a sprint! That's why working smart produces better results than working hard. This holds benefits for both employees and even more for employers.
No employer will be able to instruct you on how to bring out your absolute best. It's a highly personal journey. 🚀
That's why I'm sharing some tips from my personal experience:
* Prioritize Your Rest: 😴 Carefully consider when to sleep and the duration of your sleep. A well-rested mind is a productive mind.
* Embrace Breaks: ☕ If you find yourself losing efficiency, step away, take a break, and return with a rejuvenated perspective.
* Strategic Task Management: 📝 It's perfectly acceptable to omit or defer certain tasks. This aligns with the principles of Return on Investment (ROI) and diminishing returns.
* Global Collaboration: 🌍 In instances of working with colleagues across time zones, leveraging moments outside your regular work hours for quick responses and approvals can be remarkably productive.
* Optimal Time Allocation: 🕐 When a task is more demanding, consider postponing it until the next day when your mind is fresh.
* Early Bird Strategy: 🌅 And tackle it first thing in the morning!
* Innovation in Backtracking: 🔄 When faced with a roadblock, I've found great success in stepping back. Engaging in other activities, heading outdoors, or even sleeping on it constantly yields unexpected breakthroughs.
* Accepting Limits: 🌟 Sometimes it's just enough for today. So Thank You for taking the time to read this!
Would you like to share any insights from your own experiences? Let's learn from each other! 🤝