Things went wrong in the 1st month of vanlife
aidas | Aug. 23, 2023
Been traveling in a van for 1 month already. What went wrong (previously was working):
- Flat tire
- Leaking front windshield
- Bad battery
- Bad solar panel contact
- Climate control is unavailable for the first 10-15s after the ignition (usually blows something random).
- Various parts started to squeak, need some oil or smth.
- Ceiling glue doesn’t hold ceiling material.
- It gets more and more dirty despite the efforts.
- Front wind brush went off.
- 12V - USB adapter broke.
- In the beginning, the antifreeze was full. Is it leaking?
- Remains of dead mosquitoes everywhere.
- Engine started making terrifying sounds. Turned out that 1 liter of engine oil disappeared and the oil level sensor didn’t work.
Return to blog